One of my favorite things I received in my package from Wilton, was the clay pot look a like silicone baking cups. They are just so cute, easy to use, and easy to clean! You can really make anything you want in these, a cup full of cookies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, you name it. I made mini cakes/cupcakes and they turned out so good!
- Wilton's Flower Pot Silicone Cups
- Your favorite chocolate cake batter
- Your favorite chocolate frosting
- your favorite vanilla frosting
- Pink food coloring
- 6 oreos, crushed into small crumbs
- Wilton Star Tip
- Wilton Disposable Piping Bags
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, and spray the inside of your molds with butter or oil.
- Fill each mold 3/4 the way full and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until your cake is cooked all the way through. Mine took about 22 minutes, and I filled them exactly 3/4 full.
- Let your cakes cool completely. Add your oreos to a small bowl and set aside.
- Once cooled, smear about 1 Tbsp of chocolate frosting onto the tops of each cake. Immediately dip the tops of your cakes into the crushed oreos, so it looks like the whole top is covered in dirt. If you missed a spot, then just add more frosting, and dip more into the oreo crumbs. Repeat this process until all of your cakes are covered.
- Color your buttercream a pretty rose pink color, or any color of your choosing. Add your buttercream to a piping bag, fitted with a star tip.
- Frost the tops of each cake with little roses. Its nice to make them all a little different, since no two flowers are exactly the same. To get the nice rose look, start by holding your bag in the middle and create a swirl action with your hand, creating a full circle. Practice a few times in a clean bowl, so you can scrap up and reuse the frosting.