Two of my favorite things, rolled into one right here....
- 1½ quarts canola oil for frying
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ c Nutella
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce saucepan until it reaches 370 degrees. You want it to be about 1 ½ inches deep.
- Meanwhile, combine water and butter in saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and add flour, stirring with a wooden spoon consistently for about a minute until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and add eggs one at a time (with a wooden spoon) just until combined, not longer. (Don’t over-mix the dough once the eggs are added. It will make the dough too dense).
- Spoon the dough into a pastry bag fitted with an large star tip.
- Carefully pipe out 5-inch-long strips directly into dough. (I squeeze with one hand and cut the dough off with scissors with the other). Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from hot oil to drain on paper towels. While still warm, toss in cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.
- While the churros are still warm, take a piping bag fitted with a filling tip (these tips are very long and skinny) and Nutella, and pipe the Nutella inside of each churro until the warmed Nutella comes right to the edges of the churro.
- Enjoying warm is always best!
P.S. I'm loving this Daniel Wellington watch! Anyone who uses the code "asweetsavory" at checkout, will get 15% off all products on their website!!